1. We've been sick. It started with me. I woke up with a sore throat one day, then a little bit of a stuffy/runny nose the next day, and before I knew it I was just sick. Lovely. Of course it didn't just stick with me. It moved on. Brad's throat started to feel a little sore and before he knew it he was sick too. Poor Preston was next. He woke up around two Saturday morning screaming. I dosed him with Tylenol and finally calmed him down enough that he went back to sleep. We've all just been recovering. I hate being sick and hate even more that getting sick means it passes through our whole house
2. We missed Preston's last SoccerTots class. It was Saturday morning at 10am. The very same Saturday that Preston woke up sick. I hate that we had to skip it. Especially since it was his last one for a while. But there was no way that we could have taken him. He was drained of energy and contagious enough that he would have passed all of his little sick germs around. Looks like he's just going to have to wait until we re-enroll him for another session.
3. Which won't be for a while. We're signing Preston up for swim lessons next. With our family trip, coming up in February, being in a tropical location, I want Preston to familiarize himself with the water again. I'd hate to arrive at our vacation destination and have Preston refuse to climb into the water! Plus Preston was starting to get a little bored of SoccerTots. He wasn't as interested in all of the activities and was more distracted. I figure we'll give him a little bit of a break and then trying coming back to socccer to see if he's interested again. If not, looks like we'll have to find something else to keep him busy.
4. Luckily for us before the sickness took us over, Preston and myself got out and had some fun. We met up with some friends at a jumping place and Preston spent the hour that we were there racing all over the place and demanding that I climb through some of the obstacle courses with him.
5. I got our Christmas cards out! Every single one of them. I had them addressed in their envelopes in the mailbox on Saturday. Go me!!
6. I no longer have a laptop. It is currently making yet another visit to Best Buy for repairs. No big deal or anything. Actually it is a big deal. It means that my husband and I have to share his laptop. It's really not going that well. Especially since when I want it he seems to be on it. He's hogging it! What does he think it's his or something?! If you're reading this HP, I hate you and the crappy laptop you created for me to purchase.
6. Yesterday was kind of a big day of changes for our family. A big day of training for the changes that are about to occur for myself, Brad, and Preston over the next three months. I promise to tell you all about it soon.
7. This week is absolutely crazy! We have so much going on! I keep trying to wrap my mind around the fact that Christmas is on Friday! Holy crap! Three days and counting!
8. Do all of my exclamation points in #7 make it clear how excited I am for Christmas?! Because I am!
9. I'm really starting to enjoy blogging in lists or random thoughts. It makes getting all of my little tidbits out there much simpler. Plus it really allows me to tell you all the little things that are going on in my life. The things that really don't warrant a whole post. I might start making it a regular thing. What do you all think?
I'll be back with more. Hopefully soon! This week is going to be a crazy one!